Upgrade your burger game with these deliciously easy Greek-inspired turkey burgers! Made with simple, real-food ingredients and drizzled with tzatziki, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next barbecue. For a low carb option, ditch the bun and eat your burger over a bed of spinach for an extra serving of greens.
- 2 handfuls spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1lb ground turkey
- red bell pepper, sliced
- red onion, sliced
- tzatziki (recipe linked here)
- hamburger bun (psst – I use Silver Hills sprouted grain hamburger buns)
- In a large bowl combine all burger patty ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Form into 4 large patties.
- At this time you can choose to freeze the burger patties and save them for another day OR preheat your barbecue and prepare to cook!
- Once the grill is hot, hard grill one side before flipping (Note – there will be excess water cooking off from the spinach so expect steam).
- After cooking, top with your favourite veggies and sauces. Enjoy!
Note – Prior to cooking, you may notice the burger doesn’t have the same firm texture as a beef burger. The burger will firm up as the meat cooks. Allow for a slightly longer cooking time than with a traditional beef burger.