I’m not going to keep secrets, this workout always leaves me sweating and breathing hard. If it’s your first time doing interval training GO SLOW and get a feel for the workout structure and movements.
Level: Beginner – Advanced
- Work through each of the exercises in order. Perform each exercise for 30 seconds, then take a 15-second break before moving onto the next one.
- Complete 3-4 rounds of each exercise. As you get fitter, add another round to your workout until you’ve advanced to 6 rounds.
- If this is too challenging at first either a) increase your rest interval to 30 seconds, or b) perform only 1-2 round(s) of each exercise.
Make it harder…
- Do 30 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. Complete 4 – 6 rounds of each exercise.
2. Mountain Climbers
3. Reverse Lunges (alternating sides)
4. Push Up (full or modified)
*Remember to warm up before you exercise and cool down after you exercise.
**If any exercise causes pain, discontinue the exercise.
***If you have any health conditions or this is your first time exercising, be sure to first check-in with your GP.