These coconut chicken strips are a quick and easy way to get your picky eaters on board with healthy eating. Once baked, you can even store these chicken strips in the freezer for a fast high-protein snack.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup sprouted grain flour (or your flour of choice)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup large shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Place an oven-safe cooling rack inside your baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, basil, salt, and pepper.
- In a second small bowl, crack and beat eggs.
- In a third small bowl, mix bread crumbs and coconut.
- Slice the chicken breast into strips.
- For each piece of chicken, lightly coat with the flour mixture, then the egg, and finally generously coat with the coconut mixture.
- Place each strip on the cooling rack.
- Bake for 10 minutes before flipping, and bake an additional 5-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
1 – If you opt to not using the cooling rack and baking pan combo, instead, line the baking pan with parchment paper. Keep in mind that your chicken strips will not turn out as crispy doing it this way.