Make it with chicken or keep it vegetarian, this versatile dish is sure to please everyone at your table. Let the smell of the spices fill your kitchen and the curry’s spicy kick warm you up on cold winter nights.
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed OR 1 lb of chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground basil
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, diced
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine uncooked rice and water in a small pot. Follow package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and place protein (chickpeas or chicken) in a small baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the first 4 seasonings (curry powder, basil, ginger, garlic).
- Evenly sprinkle over the preferred protein. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the protein is cooking, heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium-
high heat. Add onion, red pepper, garlic, and ginger. Cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Then add curry powder, sea salt, and red pepper flakes. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add protein (chickpeas or chicken) and gently stir.
- Serve curry over a bed of cooked brown rice or riced cauliflower.
- Take down the heat by omitting the 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Serve over cauliflower rice for an extra serving of vegetables.
Pssst! Don’t miss out on new posts just like this. Scroll down and subscribe to the blog to have new recipes, health tips, and workouts delivered right to your inbox.