Keep your energy high all day with a healthy apple muffin. Loaded with protein, whole foods, and the natural sweetness of apples, these tasty snacks will fight off hunger and keep you on track with your health goals. Make a batch and store them in your fridge or freezer for a quick addition to any lunch box.
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup whole grain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 granny smith apple, finely cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, greek yogurt, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla. Add and whisk in one ingredient at a time.
- Add the finely cubed apple to the wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry. Stir to combine.
- Grease a muffin tin or line with muffin cups. Distribute batter evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, or freeze until ready to eat.