A quick snack? Guilt-free dessert? Post-workout fuel? This flourless brownie recipe is high in protein and low in processed foods making it a perfect addition to your busy day.
Makes 12 – Cals 156 | P 6g | C 14g | F 11g (per serving)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp protein powder (chocolate or chocolate peanut butter flavour)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper and pour in brownie mix.
- Bake for 20 – 24 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. For best taste, let brownies sit overnight in the refrigerator.
Kate and I will be making these tonight. thank you for always having such wonderful recipes!
LikeLiked by 1 person
can we leave out the protein powder or do we need to sub it with ww flour instead
Hey Sandy! I haven’t tried it, but my guess is that substituting flour for the protein powder would be great. Keep in mind that they may not turn out as sweet though. Enjoy! 🙂