For the meatballs
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour (any kind)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
For the curry
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 2 – 3 tbsp lime juice
For the cabbage salad
- 4 cups purple cabbage, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix together all ingredients for the meatballs. Form into small meatballs and arrange evenly in a casserole dish. Bake meatballs for 10 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, prepare curry sauce by heating oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add remaining curry ingredients. Bring to a simmer.
- After meatballs have baked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and cover with curry sauce. Bake for an additional 7-10 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, prepare cabbage salad by combining all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Serve meatballs and salad with a side of cauliflower rice, brown rice, or quinoa.
- If you are meal prepping, add 2 – 4 meatballs, 1 cup cabbage salad, and 1/2 cup of rice/quinoa evenly between containers and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Sounds delicious! I’ll have to give this a try soon! Thanks for the recipe, I’m now following you. Check out my comedy blog and give it a follow if you enjoy it!