Eating healthy can be one of the most daunting tasks we take on, especially if you are not confident in your decisions. Most people opt to cut things they think are “bad” from their diet and often the first thing to get cut are delicious treats. Eating well doesn’t mean you have to give up dessert, it means you need to make healthier choices and act in moderation (check out this post for more on moderation). Healthy dessert alternatives, like these peanut butter crunch bars, are an excellent way to curb your craving for sweets, while still keeping you on track with your goals.
These decadent treats are made from minimally processed foods, that are loaded with essential macro- and micronutrients that your body needs to thrive. Even though these crunch bars are full of healthy ingredients, that doesn’t mean you should chow down on half the tray! As we do with any food, practice moderation and enjoy these crunch bars as a zero-guilt treat.
Makes 24 servings – 90 Cals | P 3g | C 8g | F 6g (per serving)
- 3 cups brown rice crisps
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine maple syrup, peanut butter, and chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Heat in the microwave until gently melted.
- Gradually add in the rice puffs and stir until well combined.
- Line a brownie tin with parchment paper and transfer mixture to the tin.
- Press down the mixture until well-packed.
- Freeze for 30 minutes and cut into 24 cubes.