Try this summer-inspired meal for dinner or make it ahead of time for lunches. Whenever you eat it you’ll be rewarding your body with protein, veggies, healthy fats, and whole grains.
- 1 package of Raw Shrimp, thawed
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of each sea salt and ground thyme
- 1/4 tsp of each black pepper, dried basil and crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 Avocado,
- 2 handfuls of Spinach
- 1/2 cup cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Bell Pepper, chopped
- Hot peppers, sliced (if desired)
- 10 Grape Tomatoes, halved
- Ahead of time, prepare brown rice as per package instructions.
- In a bowl, combine shrimp, oil, paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, thyme, black pepper, basil and red pepper flakes. Mix until shrimp is well coated.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Transfer shrimp an seasonings to skillet and cook until shrimp appears browned/blackened (about 5 – 10 minutes).
- While shrimp is cooking, assemble the bowls. Divide bell peppers, rice, spinach, tomatoes, avocado, and hot peppers between the 2 bowls.
- When the shrimp are done, divide between the 2 bowls.
- OPTIONAL: Drizzle with Bolthouse Cilantro Avocado Dressing.