I know that pumpkin spice is all the rage, but I am a big fan of chai tea for the fall. If you are looking to take a break from your pumpkin treats, this fall-inspired recipe is going to make a welcomed addition to your lunch or on-the-go snacking.
- 12 pitted dates
- 1 cup brewed strong chai tea
- 1 1/4 cup flour (I use sprouted grain flour, but you could also use oat, coconut, quinoa, almond or whole grain flour)
- 1/4 cornstarch
- 1/4 oat milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Optional – Frosting: Creamy Cashew Frosting (Recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, pour prepared chai tea over dates and let soak for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the dates, chai tea, lemon juice, oat milk, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, add flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and cloves. Mix briefly to combine.
- Add the blended tea mixture. Stir to combine, but do not over-mix the bread. Over-mixing can cause the loaf to turn out tough or bake unevenly.
- Lightly oil your loaf pan and pour in batter.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let loaf cool completely before frosting. Store in the refrigerator to preserve freshness.
- Bread density will vary depending on the type of flour used
- To make this loaf sweeter, try adding 1/4 cup of maple syrup and an extra 1/4 cup of flour.
Oh so tempting!
Just made it and it is delicious!
Could I put in a request for a healthy banana bread recipe sometime?
Your recipes are very good. 🙂
Yay! So glad you’re enjoying it. Oooh that’s a fantastic idea – I’ll start brainstorming 🙂
Thanks for making the banana bread recipe! It’s in the oven as I’m typing this. Looking forward to it and so is my son!! It’s his favorite and i’m glad for a healthy version! 😃😋