Dairy-Free. Sugar-Free. Need I continue?
If you’ve been reading my posts for any length of time you know that I love to create clean, healthy alternatives for my favourite foods and treats. Usually, that means swapping out refined sugar, tinkering with consistency, or searching for clean ingredients that work well with the recipe. Recently, my sister-in-law found out she needs to limit dairy SO I’ve been angling to make everything not only sugar-free but dairy-free as well.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free and delicious so it will fit the criteria for literally everyone in your life. Let your friends know that we’ve found the perfect frosting recipe for all their fall treats.
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 4 tbsp Oat Milk
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Soak cashews in water overnight.
- In a small dish, heat coconut oil until melted but not hot.
- Combine milk, cashews, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Let cool in the refrigerator until use.
- For a thicker consistency add more cashews 1 tbsp at a time.
- For a sweeter flavour, add ½ – 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Recipe: Cozy Chai-Spiced Loaf