Hey Friends! A couple of weeks ago I posted this recipe on my social accounts (Instagram and Facebook) and to keep it easily accessible, I’m reposting it here!
It’s no secret that I am a lover of breakfast foods. Even more than that, however, I love finding creative and delicious ways to sneak extra servings of protein and fruits into our meals.
This simple, no-guilt recipe was an instant favourite in our home and I’m sure it will be in yours too. As a bonus, you get to live that childhood fantasy of cutting into a stack of pancakes… without blowing your daily calorie intake.
- 1 (very) ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder (substitute for 1/4 cup ground flax or whole grain flour)
- In a medium bowl, mash banana until smooth.
- Whisk in egg, then add all remaining ingredients.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat (pancakes will burn on a higher heat).
- Lightly oil or butter the frying pan before pouring batter to make 2-inch pancakes.
Serving Size: Whole recipe
Protein: 34g | Carbs: 31g | Fats: 6g
Pssst! Don’t miss out on new recipes just like this. Subscribe to the blog and have new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.