Are you ready for the last of the holiday parties? After a week of letting yourself indulge in treats, you are probably searching for a healthy, but delicious, the snack you can contribute to the New Years party. This spinach dip has been a favorite in my family for nearly 30 years and with a few simple tweaks, it becomes a high-protein, low-calorie appetizer. Same taste, same texture, and healthier ingredients.
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise (opt for one made with olive oil or avocado)
- 1 package of frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 can of sliced water chestnuts, diced
- 1 package of Vegetable Soup Mix (Knorr)
- Round loaf of whole grain sourdough (optional)
- Fresh cut vegetables (optional)
- Plain crackers (optional)
- Drain excesses liquid from spinach.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well.
- Let dip sit refrigerated for 2 hours.
- Serve with fresh cut vegetables OR serve in a hollowed out round loaf of whole grain sourdough OR serve with plain crackers.
Scroll down and subscribe to the blog to have new recipes, health tips, and workouts delivered right to your inbox.